October 23, 2014 in About Us, Front Page News, Parents by J Harris
Please click below to see our latest Ofsted report. We are very proud of all the hard work and dedication of pupils, staff, parents, governors and volunteers who have helped make our school a success.
Ofsted Report October 2014
Below are a few quotes from the report.
- Senior staff set good examples to all staff and are skilled in observing teaching and setting increasingly challenging but achievable targets for subject and middle leaders to aspire to.
- As a result, the quality of teaching is now good and constantly improving as all staff, including those new to the school and the profession, strive to meet these high expectations.
- The behaviour of pupils is good. Pupils are polite and considerate towards each other and they respond well to the care that all adults show them.
- Pupils play and work together well. Classrooms are calm and orderly. Pupils take responsibilities seriously and support others.
- Pupils are well prepared for keeping themselves safe in later life.
- The school works well with pupils who sometimes find it difficult to manage their own emotions and social skills.
- Across the school, pupils are ambitious and aim high. They respond well to staff’s high expectations and good example
- There is a good atmosphere for learning and pupils respond well in their behaviour and positive attitudes. Classrooms are attractive and orderly.
- Pupils also refine and develop their knowledge and understanding in response to skilful and persistent questioning.
- All groups of pupils achieve well from their individual starting points
- Pupils’ achievement in reading is good and sometimes outstanding. They make very quick gains in understanding letters and their sounds (phonics)
- Pupils make at least good progress in writing. They write neatly and take a pride in their handwriting.
- Pupils’ achievement in mathematics is good.
- The most-able pupils reach above average standards and the results of national tests reflect this.
September 18, 2014 in About Us, Front Page News by J Harris
Thank you to all the parents who came to the parents information meetings over the last two nights. If you were not able to come , we gave out three leaflets about values and skills, behaviour and assessment which are available here.
We have also put Maths and English national curriculum guides in the subject zones as well.
Values and Skills Guide Behaviour Policy Guide for Parents 2014 Assessment Guide
September 10, 2014 in About Us, Front Page News, Parents by J Harris
Here’s our Gimme 5 expectations. We use it to promote respect, responsibility, positivity, kindness and fairness. Children work towards their Gimme 5 reward for a treat at the end of term.
September 1, 2014 in Community, Front Page News by J Harris
Welcome back to an exciting new school year. There have been a lot of changes over the summer with new staff, a new curriculum and new assessment systems. To talk to you about all the changes we would like to invite you to two information evenings where we will also have Amy Sivister from Doncaster Local Authority to talk about e safety both at home and at school.
Key Stage 1 Parents Information Evening Tuesday 16th September at 6.30pm
Key Stage 2 Parents Information Evening Wednesday 17th September at 6.30pm
July 18, 2014 in Front Page News by J Harris
Have a lovely summer. We will see you on 3rd September ready for the new term.
June 6, 2014 in Community, Front Page News by J Harris
Derek and Martin brought us two guide dogs in to our assembly, Rufus and Keane. They talked about how guide dogs are trained and how to respond to guide dogs if you see them out and about. We all learnt today that if the handle is being held rather than the lead then the guide dog is working and you shouldn’t go up and make a fuss of them. In the Autumn the school will be looking to sponsor a guide dog.
June 5, 2014 in Front Page News, Year 1/2 by J Harris
Click on the links below to see videos of a chick hatching.
June 4, 2014 in Front Page News, Year 1/2 by J Harris
Three of the eggs hatched last night. Hopefully the rest will hatch during the day today. Most children guessed right but we had some great ideas such as mini lions and pteradactyls!