Please click below to see our latest Ofsted report. We are very proud of all the hard work and dedication of pupils, staff, parents, governors and volunteers who have helped make our school a success.
Below are a few quotes from the report.
- Senior staff set good examples to all staff and are skilled in observing teaching and setting increasingly challenging but achievable targets for subject and middle leaders to aspire to.
- As a result, the quality of teaching is now good and constantly improving as all staff, including those new to the school and the profession, strive to meet these high expectations.
- The behaviour of pupils is good. Pupils are polite and considerate towards each other and they respond well to the care that all adults show them.
- Pupils play and work together well. Classrooms are calm and orderly. Pupils take responsibilities seriously and support others.
- Pupils are well prepared for keeping themselves safe in later life.
- The school works well with pupils who sometimes find it difficult to manage their own emotions and social skills.
- Across the school, pupils are ambitious and aim high. They respond well to staff’s high expectations and good example
- There is a good atmosphere for learning and pupils respond well in their behaviour and positive attitudes. Classrooms are attractive and orderly.
- Pupils also refine and develop their knowledge and understanding in response to skilful and persistent questioning.
- All groups of pupils achieve well from their individual starting points
- Pupils’ achievement in reading is good and sometimes outstanding. They make very quick gains in understanding letters and their sounds (phonics)
- Pupils make at least good progress in writing. They write neatly and take a pride in their handwriting.
- Pupils’ achievement in mathematics is good.
- The most-able pupils reach above average standards and the results of national tests reflect this.