An inclusive community where all children enjoy their learning and achieve their full potential
We aim for all our children to;
- achieve consistently high standards across the curriculum
- acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live
- respect and value themselves, other people and the environment
- develop enquiring minds with motivation to learn
- work independently and collaboratively
- take responsibility for their own actions and make informed choices
- have well developed communication and social skills
- have self-confidence and high self-esteem
- recognise themselves as citizens of the wider world
- extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
… in order to prepare them for adult life and life-long learning.
To achieve these aims for our children we are committed to provide the following;
- a welcoming, stimulating and safe learning environment
- high expectations of our children and ourselves
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- high quality teaching using a variety of teaching strategies
- a range of resources that are effectively used to support learning
- equal access to all aspects of the curriculum and school life
- support, guidance and training for all those who teach and work with our children
- foster and maintain links with our local community and the wider community
- recognize and celebrate achievements in all areas of school life
work enthusiastically together to achieve our vision and aims
- I can make sure nobody feels left out
- To know what is important in life
- To know that everyone in school is important
- To support one another
- To care for others and ourselves
- To protect others and ourselves
- To actively take part
- To listen to others and be able to tell them your ideas
- To work together to achieve a goal
- To get knowledge or skill in a new subject or activity
- To start to understand
- To be told facts or information that you did not know
- To be the best that I can be
- To work hard to achieve something
- To recognise an achievement
To let other people know what you have achieved
- I can listen to others.
- I can share and work well with others.
- I can respect others’ thoughts and opinions.
Take a Risk
- I can have a go.
- I can learn from my mistakes and try again.
- I can try new experiences.
Take Care of Ourselves
- I can tell someone when I don’t feel safe.
- I can make good decisions about my own health, safety and happiness.
- I can be a good friend to others.
- I can use different resources to help me achieve success.
- I can do it!
- I can keep going even when it is hard.
- I can work through things.
- I can decide what I need to do to finish a task.
- I know that I can ask questions.
- I can work by myself.
- I know where to go for help if I need it.
- I always try to use my imagination and work creatively in every situation.
- I can ‘think outside the box’.
- I can explore new ideas.
Reflection and Evaluation
- I can look at my work and see how I can make it better next time.
- I know when I have done well.
- I can support my friends in their learning.
Manage our feelings
- I can keep calm when I am feeling annoyed.
- I can express my feelings in an appropriate way.
- I am able to think about how my actions affect others.
- I can express my own opinions but respect the views of others.
- I am willing to talk to different people.
- I can use different types of communication.
- is knowing I am unique and valuable
- is liking who I am
- is listening to others
- Is being fair
- Is doing my share of the work
- Is taking care of myself and others
- Is being friendly
- Is being generous
- Is thinking about how others feel
- Is being helpful and finding answers
- Is optimistic about your work
- Is confident in what you do